Subject: [T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 05:43:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Thing-to-Thing RG of the IRTF.

        Title           : State-of-the-Art and Challenges for the Internet of Things Security
        Authors         : Oscar Garcia-Morchon
                          Sandeep S. Kumar
                          Mohit Sethi
	Filename        : draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-07.txt
	Pages           : 47
	Date            : 2017-09-22

Abstract:
   The Internet of Things (IoT) concept refers to the usage of standard
   Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing and thing-to-thing
   communication.  The security needs for the IoT are well-recognized
   and many standardization steps for providing security have been
   taken, for example, the specification of Constrained Application
   Protocol (CoAP) over Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS).
   However, security challenges still exist and there are some use cases
   that lack a suitable solution.  In this document, we first discuss
   the various stages in the lifecycle of a thing.  Next, we document
   the various security threats to a thing and the challenges that one
   might face to protect against these threats.  Lastly, we discuss the
   next steps needed to facilitate the deployment of secure IoT systems.

   This document is a product of the IRTF Thing-to-Thing Research Group
   (T2TRG).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Mohit Sethi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 15:45:52 +0300

Dear all,

Thanks to my co-author Oscar for tirelessly working on the improving the 
document and addressing the comments. We believe that this version 
addresses the latest round of comments from Elliot, Ludwig and Padhu. 
Thank you for your feedback and help in improving the document.

As authors of this rather verbose document, we have to maintain a 
delicate balance between the research group members wanting to see their 
favorite solution in the draft, and the draft becoming bloated or 
reading more like a newspaper/magazine article. Padhu and Elliot: the 
research group also has a separate document that goes into the various 
details of different bootstrapping methods: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarikaya-t2trg-sbootstrapping-03. I 
would be happy to see you contribute to that document.

--Mohit

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[T2TRG] I-D Action: draft-irtf-t2trg-iot-seccons-07.txt
Date: 	Fri, 22 Sep 2017 05:43:43 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
T2TRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg