Subject: [T2TRG] T2TRG IETF 104 pre-meeting

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 08:22:32 +0000

T2TRG,

The Friday IETF 104 pre-meeting is starting in 10 minutes at the room 
"Istanbul" of the IETF hotel.

Remote participation with Webex: 
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m21c11d11b9d03abae7703476d15866bc

Live notes: https://etherpad.tools.ietf.org/p/notes-irtf-104-t2trg-friday

Agenda: 
https://github.com/t2trg/2019-ietf104/wiki/Pre-IETF-T2TRG-work-meeting#agenda

Cheers,
Ari

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 08:32:16 +0100

> https://github.com/t2trg/2019-ietf104/wiki/Pre-IETF-T2TRG-work-meeting#agenda

I see this text in the agenda:
"Edge Computing has been discussed in T2TRG for a while, but so far 
could not converge to a concrete group activity. Partly this is due to 
the wide scope, and hence spread across different IETF communities 
(e.g., BEC and the recently formed COINRG), but also other organizations 
such as IIC or EdgeXFoundry."

Just as a FYI, EdgeXFoundry is now part of a larger Linux Foundation 
effort called LF Edge (https://www.lfedge.org/).

I'm contributing to the Edge Virtualization Engine project under that 
umbrella along the lines of what I presented at IETF 103.

So https://www.lfedge.org/projects/eve/ is another locus of work on edge 
computing.

   Erik