Subject: [T2TRG] RIOT Summit 2021: Call for Participation

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 22:18:25 +0200

**What:** 6th RIOT Summit, the yearly get-together of the friendly 
Operating System for the Internet of Things, 
https://summit.riot-os.org/2021/

**Where:** virtually (online) 

**When:** September 9-10, 2021.

**Keynote:** 
  Henning Schulzrinne (Columbia University) will talk about "How do we 
program the Internet of Things at scale?"

**Talks:** (selected talks that are of particular interest to T2TRG)

  * Christian Amsüss, "Pieces to Picture: Security components of the 
CoRE ecosystem"

  * Jan Romann (University of Bremen), "Secure Network Access for IoT 
Devices: MUD & Co"

  * Frank Hessel (TU Darmstadt), "ChirpOTLE: Using RIOT to Evaluate the 
Security of LoRaWAN"

  * Jürgen Fitschen (SSV Software Systems GmbH), "Secure Update of IoT 
Devices over Low Data Rate Wireless Networks"

  * Lena Boeckmann (HAW Hamburg), "Integration of a cryptographic API 
with configurable hardware and software backends in RIOT"

  * Joost Renes (NXP), "Post-Quantum Crypto: The Embedded Challenge"
  
  * Michael Richardson and Yoichi J. Nakaguro, "Building and Integrating 
Rust libraries for RIOT-OS,with Micropython support"

Full program: https://summit.riot-os.org/#schedule
  
**Registration:** Participation is free but registration is required via 
https://riot-summit2021.eventbrite.de/

cheers
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Computer Science
.. http://www.cs.fu-berlin.de/~waehl

---

From: William_J_G Overington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 21:49:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi

> program the Internet of Things at scale?"

Can someone explain please?

I can (possibly?) understand a title such as

"How do we program the Internet of Things?"

but what does

"How do we program the Internet of Things at scale?"

mean please?

However what also puzzles me is that while there seems to be lots about 
security and what might be called systems programming, is there anything 
about what might be called application programming in relation to The 
Internet of Things being discussed, either at this meeting or elsewhere? 
I am interested in how human to thing, thing to thing, and thing to a 
different human can be done through the language barrier. Is anyone else 
interested in such aspects please? I am wondering if my idea of 
localizable sentences can be used for such a purpose.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/localizable_sentences_research.htm

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~ngo/

William Overington

Monday 30 August 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "Matthias Waehlisch" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, 2021 Aug 30 At 21:18
Subject: [T2TRG] RIOT Summit 2021: Call for Participation

https://summit.riot-os.org/2021/ <https://summit.riot-os.org/2021/>

   * Michael Richardson and Yoichi J. Nakaguro, "Building and 
Integrating
Rust libraries for RIOT-OS,with Micropython support"
Full program: https://summit.riot-os.org/#schedule 
<https://summit.riot-os.org/#schedule>

**Registration:** Participation is free but registration is required via
https://riot-summit2021.eventbrite.de/ 
<https://riot-summit2021.eventbrite.de/>

cheers
   matthias
-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Computer Science
.. http://www.cs.fu-berlin.de/~waehl <http://www.cs.fu-berlin.de/~waehl>
_______________________________________________
T2TRG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg 
<https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/t2trg>