Subject: [tap] Fwd: another forward how to cite draft standard.

From: Gaurav Vaidya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 23:22:15 +0800

Heyo,

I'm forwarding another question from EBo.

I think I know the answer to this one: as of right now, the TAP draft  
standard can't really be cited, since it isn't published anywhere. You  
can say that people are trying to come up with the standard at [url],  
but that's about it. Since the URL for IETF drafts is inconsistent as  
well, I don't think there's going to be a proper way to cite this -  
except by URL and retrieval date - until we can get it published as an  
RFC. And that might be a while away :)

I suggest you cite Test::Harness for now.

cheers,
Gaurav

---
Does anyone have an example of how the bibliographic citation for  
TAP's draft standard should be structure in a peer reviewed paper?

Thanks and best regards,

EBo --

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 17:30:21 +0200

>RFC. And that might be a while away :)

As I understand it, right now there is no Internet-Draft published, but
once there is, there are a number of more or less official tools that
allow referencing particular versions, the latest versions, and wrappers
with links to all versions of a draft. A retrieval date is not necessary
since Internet-Drafts are not changed once published (they carry a re-
vision number instead).
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/