Subject: [Taps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-transports-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 08:10:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services of the IETF.

        Title           : Services provided by IETF transport protocols and congestion control mechanisms
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Brian Trammell
                          Mirja Kuehlewind
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-transports-13.txt
	Pages           : 53
	Date            : 2016-12-05

Abstract:
   This document describes, surveys, and classifies the protocol
   mechanisms provided by existing IETF protocols, as background for
   determining a common set of transport services.  It examines the
   Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), Multipath TCP, the Stream
   Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), the User Datagram Protocol
   (UDP), UDP-Lite, the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP), the
   Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), the Realtime Transport
   Protocol (RTP), File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport/
   Asynchronous Layered Coding Reliable Multicast (FLUTE/ALC), and NACK-
   Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM), Transport Layer Security (TLS),
   Datagram TLS (DTLS), and the Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP),
   when HTTP is used as a pseudotransport.  This survey provides
   background for the definition of transport services within the TAPS
   working group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-taps-transports-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-transports-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/