Subject: [tcmtf] TCMTF: Document D discussion: content and charter

From: "Jose Saldana" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:57:10 +0100

Document (D) refers to the proposal of Matteo and Tomasso (the "DLR" draft)

1.- Content of the Document

As Matteo says, it "is not just constrained to satellites, it applies to all
wireless access mediums in general. Since on these wireless access mediums,
header compression is desirable but it has to be terminated at the access
point, the idea is to extend it to the backbone by exploiting a modification
of TCMTF."

2.- Should we include it in the Charter now?

I think we agree on not including it in the Charter now. Since we are
talking about a "modification of TCMTF" or a very specific application, we
should wait until TCMTF is mature enough before this.

And my proposal is to cite the problem in this paragraph of the Charter:

7. If other interesting features are identified, the group would recharter
and include them (.). *In addition, specific uses of TCMTF, such as wireless
and satellite scenarios could be addressed if some modifications are
required on the protocol.*

Of course, as Diego says: "I don't see any harm in the DLR guys progressing
with the satellite scenario. As Mirko says, we can include in the charter
the scenario once we have a mature draft." So a first version of the draft,
with a description of the scenarios and the problem could be really
interesting in order to get a better idea of it."

Best regards,

Jose