Subject: [tcpinc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 16:52:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Increased Security of the IETF.

        Title           : Cryptographic protection of TCP Streams (tcpcrypt)
        Authors         : Andrea Bittau
                          Dan Boneh
                          Daniel B. Giffin
                          Mike Hamburg
                          Mark Handley
                          David Mazieres
                          Quinn Slack
                          Eric W. Smith
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2016-07-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies tcpcrypt, a cryptographic protocol that
   protects TCP payload data.  Use of the protocol is negotiated by
   means of the TCP Encryption Negotiation Option (TCP-ENO)
   [I-D.ietf-tcpinc-tcpeno].  Tcpcrypt coexists with middleboxes by
   tolerating resegmentation, NATs, and other manipulations of the TCP
   header.  The protocol is self-contained and specifically tailored to
   TCP implementations, which often reside in kernels or other
   environments in which large external software dependencies can be
   undesirable.  Because the size of TCP options is limited, the
   protocol requires one additional one-way message latency to perform
   key exchange before application data may be transmited.  However,
   this cost can be avoided between two hosts that have recently
   established a previous tcpcrypt connection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpcrypt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpcrypt-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/