Subject: [tcpinc] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpeno-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 19:38:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Increased Security of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP-ENO: Encryption Negotiation Option
        Authors         : Andrea Bittau
                          Dan Boneh
                          Daniel B. Giffin
                          Mark Handley
                          David Mazieres
                          Eric W. Smith
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpeno-07.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2017-01-19

Abstract:
   Despite growing adoption of TLS [RFC5246], a significant fraction of
   TCP traffic on the Internet remains unencrypted.  The persistence of
   unencrypted traffic can be attributed to at least two factors.
   First, some legacy protocols lack a signaling mechanism (such as a
   "STARTTLS" command) by which to convey support for encryption, making
   incremental deployment impossible.  Second, legacy applications
   themselves cannot always be upgraded, requiring a way to implement
   encryption transparently entirely within the transport layer.  The
   TCP Encryption Negotiation Option (TCP-ENO) addresses both of these
   problems through a new TCP option kind providing out-of-band, fully
   backward-compatible negotiation of encryption.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpeno/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpeno-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpinc-tcpeno-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/