Subject: [tcpinc] Meeting session alternative: coding

From: Kyle Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 14:58:40 -0500

The tcpinc session for Chicago currently has no agenda, as the two main
drafts will likely be out of WGLC by that time and the API draft isn’t
really a good use of meeting time on its own. (We’ll plan to take that
draft up on the mailing list sometime after the Chicago meeting week).

The chairs would like to propose an alternative use of tcpinc meeting time
in Chicago: a mini-hackathon to work on implementations and interop.

I started an ENO implementation for the Linux kernel some months ago, an
effort that would have benefited from domain expertise in the same room.
It's a short time period, so coding an implementation from scratch probably
wouldn't get very far (though you should not let this discourage you!), but
this could be a good time to get developers bootstrapped with resources and
connections so we can continue coding and interop testing when we return to
our places of origin.

If you're interested, please respond on the list and we'll take it into
consideration.

Thanks,
Kyle (& David B.)

---

From: Kyle Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 21:07:03 -0500

I've also changed my flight and am arriving Saturday morning, so if
anyone's interested we can do the full hackathon in addition to time at the
tcpinc session.

Kyle