Subject: [tcpm] agenda for tcpm at ietf67

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:43:47 -0400

Below is the preliminary agenda for the San Diego TCPM meeting.

allman

TCPM WG Agenda
IETF 67 - San Diego, CA

1.  Agenda bashing (2min)
    chairs

2.  TCP Authentication
    draft-bellovin-tcpsec-00.txt
    Steve Bellovin

3.  WG Status (10-15min)
    chairs

4.  UTO (10-15min)
    draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto-04.txt  
    Fernando Gont or Lars Eggert

5.  ICMP Attacks (10-15min)
    draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-01.txt
    Fernando Gont

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:51:11 -0400

Now some annotations for the agenda to help frame the discussions
better.

>     draft-bellovin-tcpsec-00.txt

The real question we need to answer here is whether we want to / need to
do authentication in TCP.  There are a couple of concrete proposals on
the table for actually doing tcp-auth, but we want this discussion to be
at a higher-level: *should* we do it?  Steve has done a very short I-D
on the topic.

(If the answer is that the WG wants to do this work, Ted and I have
hammered out a process, that the ADs agreed with, that involves using a
design team to produce a WG document that will start the WG's work on
tcp-auth.  This document may or may not draw from the concrete
proposals.  But, this is getting ahead of ourselves....we first need to
figure out if this is something the WG thinks is valuable and has energy
to work on.)

>     chairs

This is after the first discussion because Steve needs to get to another
WG meeting.

>     Fernando Gont or Lars Eggert

This seems to be closing in on WGLC time.  We just want to allow anyone
with comments a chance to voice them.  The hope is that this will be the
last chance for that in a f2f setting.

>     draft-ietf-tcpm-icmp-attacks-01.txt

Key question on the table here is whether this should be an
informational document or whether it should be standards track.

Please read the documents and come prepared to discuss.  (Or, throw
thoughts onto the list, of course.)

allman