Subject: [tcpm] tcpsecure: Mitigation for the data injection attack

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 10:30:14 -0300

Folks,

Section 5.2 (mitigation for the data-injection attack) of tcpsecure 
argues that "The ACK value MUST be acceptable only if it is in the 
range of ((SND.UNA - MAX.SND.WND) <= SEG.ACK <= SND.NXT).", but does 
not say what to do if the ACK field does not pass this check.

I think it should clarify that the corresponding segment should be 
silently dropped (as opposed to, e.g., dropping the segment and 
sending an ACK).

Kindest regards,

--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm