Subject: [tcpm] tcp-auth hum verification

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:34:09 -0500

In the TCPM meeting in San Diego, there was a hum in favor of the
working group taking on the general task of developing a new TCP
authentication option.  This does not include key rollover (but, does
include hooks to make that possible).  Further, this hum was not to
adopt either of the specific proposals that have been written thus far.
(The general process we intend to follow--as mentioned in the meeting is
to convene a small design team to meld and merge and re-write and
whatever the specs on the table to produce a -00 of a WG draft on the
subject.  After the -00 the WG will take over development.)

This message is to verify the hum taken in the room.  If you feel that
the general area of adding authentication to TCP is *not* a useful task
for this WG, please argue this point on the list.

Thanks,
allman

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm