Subject: [tcpm] acknowlegement congestion control for TCP?

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:56:31 -0800

One of the many things on my todo list is to write an internet-draft
specifying an optional mechanism for acknowledgment congestion
control, based on the acknowlegment congestion control in CCID 2
("http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4341.txt").  But, given the size of my  
todo list
and my existing set of nine internet-drafts to handle, I am not likely
to complete this on my own any time soon.  So this is just an inquiry
to see if anyone out there is interested in contributing to some
work on the possibility of ack congestion control for TCP.

The current very rough draft, just to give an idea:
"http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-00a.txt".

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
--------------------------------------------------

And the rest of my internet-draft todo list, in case anyone is  
interested,
from "http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers.html":

Internet-drafts on the TODO list:
- TMRG: Best Current Practice Scenarios for Evaluating Congestion  
Control Mechanisms.
- TMRG: On the Importance of Medium-Sized Flows.
- TSVWG: Quick-Start for SCTP. Draft (txt, ps).
- TSVWG: Quick-Start for DCCP.
- TSVWG: Quick-Start support for IKEv2.
- TSVWG: Why RTT-Fairness would be Bad for Congestion Control. Draft  
(txt, ps).
- TSVWG: Why the ECN Nonce (RFC 3540) should go to Proposed Standard.
- TCPM: Adding Acknowledgement Congestion Control to TCP. Draft (txt,  
ps).
- TCPM: Increasing the Numdupacks Threshold as a Function of Cwnd.
- DCCP: A CCID 2 Variant with Slowly-Responding Congestion Control.  
Draft (txt, ps).
- TSVAREA: Why Rate-based Fairness for Best Effort Traffic is like  
Democracy.
("It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government  
except all the
  others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill.)

* If anyone wants to volunteer to take any of these on, just let me  
know. I no longer work full-time, and I get to things slowly.

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm