Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-soft-errors-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP's Reaction to Soft Errors
	Author(s)       : F. Gont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-soft-errors-08.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-04-23

This document describes a non-standard, but widely implemented,
modification to TCP's handling of ICMP soft error messages, that
rejects pending connection-requests when those error messages are
received.  This behavior reduces the likelihood of long delays
between connection establishment attempts that may arise in a number
of scenarios, including one in which dual stack nodes that have IPv6
enabled by default are deployed in IPv4 or mixed IPv4 and IPv6
environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-soft-errors-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm