Subject: [tcpm] [Fwd: [Lwip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-05.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 08:56:10 +0100

Dear LWIP and TCPM WGs,

First of all, thanks to everyone who provided feedback on revision -04 of
our "TCP Usage Guidance in the Internet of Things (IoT)" draft.

Please find below the pointers to an update of the draft (revision -05),
based on the comments received.

Main changes:

o  Addressed comments by Yoshifumi Nishida
o  Removed mentioning MD5 as an example (comment by David Black)
o  Added memory footprint details of TCP implementations (Contiki-NG
   and lwIP 2.1.2) provided by Rahul Jadhav in the Annex [1]
o  Addressed comments by Ilpo Jarvinen throughout the whole document
o  Improved the RIOT section in the Annex, based on feedback from
   Emmanuel Baccelli

[1] Rahul kindly performed memory footprint measurements for the sake of
this draft (feel free to visit https://github.com/nyrahul/sizeof)

The authors believe that the document is now ready for WGLC.

Cheers,

Carles (on behalf of all authors)

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: [Lwip] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-05.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Sun, March 10, 2019 8:39 am
To:      [email-masked]
Cc:      [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Light-Weight Implementation Guidance WG
of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Usage Guidance in the Internet of Things (IoT)
        Authors         : Carles Gomez
                          Jon Crowcroft
                          Michael Scharf
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-05.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2019-03-09

Abstract:
   This document provides guidance on how to implement and use the
   Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) in Constrained-Node Networks
   (CNNs), which are a characterstic of the Internet of Things (IoT).
   Such environments require a lightweight TCP implementation and may
   not make use of optional functionality.  This document explains a
   number of known and deployed techniques to simplify a TCP stack as
   well as corresponding tradeoffs.  The objective is to help embedded
   developers with decisions on which TCP features to use.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lwig-tcp-constrained-node-networks-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Lwip mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lwip