Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-28.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 10:28:54 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) Specification
        Author          : Wesley M. Eddy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-28.txt
	Pages           : 114
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   This document specifies the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  TCP
   is an important transport layer protocol in the Internet protocol
   stack, and has continuously evolved over decades of use and growth of
   the Internet.  Over this time, a number of changes have been made to
   TCP as it was specified in RFC 793, though these have only been
   documented in a piecemeal fashion.  This document collects and brings
   those changes together with the protocol specification from RFC 793.
   This document obsoletes RFC 793, as well as RFCs 879, 2873, 6093,
   6429, 6528, and 6691 that updated parts of RFC 793.  It updates RFCs
   1011 and 1122, and should be considered as a replacement for the
   portions of those document dealing with TCP requirements.  It also
   updates RFC 5961 by adding a small clarification in reset handling
   while in the SYN-RECEIVED state.  The TCP header control bits from
   RFC 793 have also been updated based on RFC 3168.

   RFC EDITOR NOTE: If approved for publication as an RFC, this should
   be marked additionally as "STD: 7" and replace RFC 793 in that role.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-28

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc793bis-28

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 14:20:59 -0500

I think this update reflects all of the IESG discussion so far, with the 
exception of the 1 remaining DISCUSS point related to ISN randomization.

On 3/7/2022 1:28 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm