Subject: Backhaul Of Asymmetric Internet Over Satellite

From: "Mike Holdsworth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:04:07 +0100

Hi Guys,

Finally I have finished my first draft of White Paper: 34/8Mbps Asymmetric
Internet Backhaul and Extension.

Its not that I'm busy, just lazy ;-). At the moment this has only the
backhaul section, have yet to add the extension section.

I am very keen on feedback as to what you guys/gals feel should be in it.
Does anyone want a copy?

The White Paper itself is pretty basic, dealing specifically with the
backhaul of Asymmetric satellite networks across leased lines. There's a
section in there about Internet Over Satellite and its history, then an
intro to Satellite Equipment and Application Issues. After that its straight
on to diagrams all of which are available in A4 Visio 2000.

I split the applications as follows:

34/8Mbps with HSSI Satellite Modems, Over E3
34/8Mbps with HSSI Satellite Modems, Over DS3
34/8Mbps with BNC Satellite Modems, Over E3
34/8Mbps with BNC Satellite Modems, Over DS3

Cheers

Mike
~~~~
Mike Holdsworth - Applications Engineer, Metrodata Ltd.
Mailto: [email-masked]
Tel: +44 (0)1784 744 815  Mob: +44 (0)7887 983 374
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
++Satellite & Terrestrial Network Integration Products++
==From BNC Sat Modem - HSSI Router Conversion==
====To Broadband Asymmetric Internet Extension====
----------------------------------------------
Email to [email-masked] for a copy of our NEW!!
34/8Mbps Asymmetric Internet Over Satellite Apps Note
Or visit the website at http://www.metrodata.co.uk