Subject: [Teas] RFC 7551 on RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated Bidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 14:14:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7551

        Title:      RSVP-TE Extensions for Associated Bidirectional 
                    Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     F. Zhang, Ed., R. Jing, R. Gandhi, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43752
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7551

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7551

This document describes Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) extensions to
bind two point-to-point unidirectional Label Switched Paths (LSPs) into an
associated bidirectional LSP.  The association is achieved by defining new
Association Types for use in ASSOCIATION and in Extended ASSOCIATION Objects.
One of these types enables independent provisioning of the associated
bidirectional LSPs on both sides, while the other enables single-sided
provisioning.  The REVERSE_LSP Object is also defined to enable a single
endpoint to trigger creation of the reverse LSP and to specify parameters of
the reverse LSP in the single-sided provisioning case.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC