Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 15:44:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : RSVP Extensions For Re-optimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Zafar Ali
                          Robert H. Venator
                          Yuji Kamite
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2015-05-25

Abstract:
   For a Traffic Engineered (TE) Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Label
   Switched Path (LSP), it is preferable in some cases to re-evaluate
   and re-optimize the entire P2MP-TE LSP by re-signaling all its
   Source-to-Leaf (S2L) sub-LSP(s).  Existing mechanisms, a mechanism
   for an ingress Label Switched Router (LSR) to trigger a new path
   re-evaluation request and a mechanism for a mid-point LSR to notify
   an availability of a preferred path, operate on an individual or a
   sub-group of S2L sub-LSP(s) basis only.

   This document defines Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) signaling
   extensions to allow an ingress node of a P2MP-TE LSP to request the
   re-evaluation of the entire LSP tree containing one or more S2L
   sub-LSPs whose paths are loose (or abstract) hop expanded, and for a
   mid-point LSR to notify to the ingress node that a preferable tree
   exists for the entire P2MP-TE LSP.  For re-optimizing a group of S2L
   sub-LSP(s) in a tree, an S2L sub-LSP descriptor list can be used to
   signal one or more S2L sub-LSPs in an RSVP message.  This document
   defines markers to indicate beginning and end of an S2L sub-LSP
   descriptor list when the RSVP message needs to be fragmented due to
   large number of S2L sub-LSPs in the message when performing sub-group
   based re-optimization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 22:57:58 +0000

Hi WG,

We have uploaded a new revision to address very minor issues after
reviewing the following wiki:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/teas/trac/wiki/PSGuidelines

This should close the open item for this document:
 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/teas/trac/ticket/7

No technical content has changed in this revision.

As mentioned in IETF@Dallas, this document is ready for WG LC and like to
request it.

Thanks,
Rakesh (for Authors)

On 2015-05-25 6:44 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>        Title           : RSVP Extensions For Re-optimization of Loosely
>Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
>        Authors         : Tarek Saad
>                          Rakesh Gandhi
>                          Zafar Ali
>                          Robert H. Venator
>                          Yuji Kamite
>_______________________________________________
>Teas mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas