Subject: [Teas] Document Action: 'Performance-based Path Selection for Explicitly Routed LSPs using TE Metric Extensions' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 06:04:39 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Performance-based Path Selection for Explicitly Routed LSPs using TE
   Metric Extensions'
  (draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-te-express-path/

Technical Summary

This document describes how to use network performance data, such as
is advertised via the OSPF and ISIS TE metric extensions (defined in
other RFCs) to perform path selection based on network performance
criteria. 

Working Group Summary

This document moved from to the TEAS WGs as part of the routing WG
changes.  This document has been fairly noncontroversial 

Document Quality

 The extensions defined in this document are compatible with earlier
implementations.  While there have been no public statements on
implementation, the authors are from multiple vendors, and
implementation is expected - or may even already exist.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Lou Berger
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard