Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 07:42:46 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling of the IETF.

        Title           : RSVP Extensions For Re-optimization of Loosely Routed Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
        Authors         : Tarek Saad
                          Rakesh Gandhi
                          Zafar Ali
                          Robert H. Venator
                          Yuji Kamite
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-05.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2016-03-11

Abstract:
   For a Traffic Engineered (TE) Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Label
   Switched Path (LSP), it is preferable in some cases to re-evaluate
   and re-optimize the entire P2MP-TE LSP by re-signaling all its
   Source-to-Leaf (S2L) sub-LSP(s).  Existing mechanisms, a mechanism
   for an ingress Label Switched Router (LSR) to trigger a new path
   re-evaluation request and a mechanism for a mid-point LSR to notify
   an availability of a preferred path, operate on an individual or a
   sub-group of S2L sub-LSP(s) basis only.

   This document defines Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) signaling
   extensions to allow an ingress node of a P2MP-TE LSP to request the
   re-evaluation of the entire LSP tree containing one or more S2L
   sub-LSPs whose paths are loose (or abstract) hop expanded, and for a
   mid-point LSR to notify to the ingress node that a preferable tree
   exists for the entire P2MP-TE LSP.  For re-optimizing a group of S2L
   sub-LSP(s) in a tree, an S2L sub-LSP descriptor list can be used to
   signal one or more S2L sub-LSPs in an RSVP message.  This document
   defines fragment identifier for the S2L sub-LSP descriptor list when
   the RSVP message needs to be fragmented due to large number of S2L
   sub-LSPs in the message when performing sub-group based
   re-optimization.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-p2mp-loose-path-reopt-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/