Subject: [Teas] BCP 206, RFC 7926 on Problem Statement and Architecture for Information Exchange between Interconnected Traffic-Engineered Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 17:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 206        
        RFC 7926

        Title:      Problem Statement and Architecture for 
                    Information Exchange between Interconnected 
                    Traffic-Engineered Networks 
        Author:     A. Farrel, Ed.,
                    J. Drake, N. Bitar,
                    G. Swallow, D. Ceccarelli,
                    X. Zhang
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 159905
        See Also:   BCP 206

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-interconnected-te-info-exchange-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7926

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7926

In Traffic-Engineered (TE) systems, it is sometimes desirable to
establish an end-to-end TE path with a set of constraints (such as
bandwidth) across one or more networks from a source to a
destination.  TE information is the data relating to nodes and TE
links that is used in the process of selecting a TE path.  TE
information is usually only available within a network.  We call such
a zone of visibility of TE information a domain.  An example of a
domain may be an IGP area or an Autonomous System.

In order to determine the potential to establish a TE path through a
series of connected networks, it is necessary to have available a
certain amount of TE information about each network.  This need not
be the full set of TE information available within each network but
does need to express the potential of providing TE connectivity.
This subset of TE information is called TE reachability information.

This document sets out the problem statement for the exchange of TE
information between interconnected TE networks in support of
end-to-end TE path establishment and describes the best current
practice architecture to meet this problem statement.  For reasons
that are explained in this document, this work is limited to simple
TE constraints and information that determine TE reachability.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC