Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc-06.txt> (RSVP-TE Signaling Procedure for End-to-End GMPLS Restoration and Resource Sharing) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 14:31:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture
and Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document:
- 'RSVP-TE Signaling Procedure for End-to-End GMPLS Restoration and
   Resource Sharing'
  <draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc-06.txt> as Informational
RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-01-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In non-packet transport networks, there are requirements where
   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) end-to-end
   recovery scheme needs to employ restoration Label Switched Path (LSP)
   while keeping resources for the working and/or protecting LSPs
   reserved in the network after the failure occurs.

   This document reviews how the LSP association is to be provided using
   Resource Reservation Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE)
   signaling in the context of GMPLS end-to-end recovery scheme when
   using restoration LSP where failed LSP is not torn down.  In
   addition, this document discusses resource sharing-based setup and
   teardown of LSPs as well as LSP reversion procedures.  No new
   signaling extensions are defined by this document, and it is strictly
   informative in nature.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-gmpls-resource-sharing-proc/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Sarah Kiden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 06:16:42 +0000

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 01:31 The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile