Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 07:09:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework for Scheduled Use of Resources
        Authors         : Yan Zhuang
                          Qin Wu
                          Huaimo Chen
                          Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2018-04-10

Abstract:
   Time-scheduled reservation of traffic engineering (TE) resources can
   be used to provide resource booking for TE Label Switched Paths so as
   to better guarantee services for customers and to improve the
   efficiency of network resource usage at any moment in time including
   future planned network usage.  This document provides a framework
   that describes and discusses the architecture for supporting
   scheduled reservation of TE resources.  This document does not
   describe specific protocols or protocol extensions needed to realize
   this service.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:16:09 +0100

WG and AD,

Small updates to address IESG Comments.

New section...
2.4.1.  Interaction Between Time-Scheduled and Ad Hoc Reservations

   There will, of course, be a mixture of resource uses in a network.
   For example, normal unplanned LSPs may be requested alongside TS-TE
   LSPs.  When an unplanned LSP is requested no prior accommodation can
   be made to arrange resource availability, so the LSP can be placed no
   better than would be the case without TS-TE.  However, the new LSP
   can be placed considering the future demands of TS-TE LSPs that have
   already been requested.  Of course, the unplanned LSP has no known
   end time and so any network planning must assume that it will consume
   resources for ever.

Tweak to 3.2
OLD
   But it must be noted that service requests for future LSPs are known
   in terms of the LSPs whose paths are computed and for which resources
   are scheduled.  For example, if the requester of a future LSP decides
   to cancel the request or to modify the request, the PCE must be able
   to map this to the resources that were reserved.  When the LSP or the
   request for the LSP with a number of time intervals is cancelled, the
   PCE must release the resources that were reserved on each of the
   links along the path of the LSP in every time intervals from the TED.
   If the bandwidth reserved on a link for the LSP is B from time T2 to
   T3 and the unreserved bandwidth on the link is B2 from T2 to T3, B is
   added to the link for the time interval from T2 to T3 and the
   unreserved bandwidth on the link from T2 to T3 will be B2 + B.
NEW
   But it must be noted that service requests for future LSPs are known
   in terms of the LSPs whose paths are computed and for which resources
   are scheduled.  For example, if the requester of a future LSP decides
   to cancel the request or to modify the request, the PCE must be able
   to map this to the resources that were reserved.  When the LSP or the
   request for the LSP with a number of time intervals is cancelled, the
   PCE must release the resources that were reserved on each of the
   links along the path of the LSP in every time intervals from the TED.
   If the bandwidth that had been reserved for the LSP on a link was B
   from time T2 to T3 and the unreserved bandwidth on the link was B2
   from T2 to T3, then B is added back to the link for the time interval
   from T2 to T3 and the unreserved bandwidth on the link from T2 to T3
   will be seen to be B2 + B.
END

Now back to Deborah to make sausages.

Thanks,
Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Teas [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
> Sent: 10 April 2018 15:09
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07.txt
> 
> 
> This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG
> of the IETF.
> _______________________________________________
> Teas mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teas