Subject: [Teas] Document Action: 'Framework for Scheduled Use of Resources' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:59:58 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Framework for Scheduled Use of Resources'
  (draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-scheduled-resources/

Technical Summary

Time-scheduled reservation of traffic engineering (TE) resources can
be used to provide resource booking for TE Label Switched Paths so as
to better guarantee services for customers and to improve the
efficiency of network resource usage into the future.  This document
provides a framework that describes and discusses the architecture
for the scheduled reservation of TE resources.  This document does
not describe specific protocols or protocol extensions needed to
realize this service.

Working Group Summary

The progress of the document through the WG has been smooth. 
There were originally two individual I-Ds, that discussed different 
approaches to managing scheduled resource usage in TE networks. 
The authors of the two I-Ds merged their ideas and produced a single 
document. This merged document eventually got adopted by the WG. 

Document Quality

This document has been discussed and reviewed thoroughly by the WG.
The base PCE architecture and the PCEP protocol have been implemented.
The document that uses this architecture and proposes the set of PCEP 
extensions to “enable LSP scheduling for path computation and LSP 
setup/deletion based on the actual network resource usage duration of 
a traffic service” is actively being worked on in the PCE WG. While 
there have been no public statements on implementation of this new 
architecture, the authors are from multiple vendors, and implementation 
is expected.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Vishnu Pavan Beeram
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? Deborah Brungard