Subject: [Teas] Last Call: <draft-ietf-teas-sr-rsvp-coexistence-rec-02.txt> (Recommendations for RSVP-TE and Segment Routing LSP co-existence) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 12:01:05 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling WG (teas) to consider the following document: - 'Recommendations
for RSVP-TE and Segment Routing LSP co-existence'
  <draft-ietf-teas-sr-rsvp-coexistence-rec-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-04-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Operators are looking to introduce services over Segment Routing (SR)
   LSPs in networks running Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP-TE)
   LSPs.  In some instances, operators are also migrating existing
   services from RSVP-TE to SR LSPs.  For example, there might be
   certain services that are well suited for SR and need to co-exist
   with RSVP-TE in the same network.  In other cases, services running
   on RSVP-TE might be migrated to run over SR.  Such introduction or
   migration of traffic to SR might require co-existence with RSVP-TE in
   the same network for an extended period of time depending on the
   operator's intent.  The following document provides solution options
   for keeping the traffic engineering database (TED) consistent across
   the network, accounting for the different bandwidth utilization
   between SR and RSVP-TE.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-sr-rsvp-coexistence-rec/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-sr-rsvp-coexistence-rec/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2827/