Subject: [Teas] Definitions in draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-21

From: Italo Busi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 16:07:47 +0000

During the review of draft-ietf-ccamp-transport-nbi-app-statement-05, the CCAMP WG Transport NBI DT has noted that the following definitions, provided in draft-ietf-teas-te-topo-and-tunnel-modeling-04, should actually be better moved/copied to draft-ietf-teas-yang-te:

   o  TE tunnel - a connection-oriented service provided by a layer
      network of delivery of a client's data between source and
      destination tunnel termination points. A TE tunnel in a server
      layer network may support a link in a client layer network (e.g.
      OCh layer TE tunnel supporting ODU4 link). In Figure 20, a TE
      tunnel interconnects tunnel termination points resident on
      switches C-R2 and C-R3. A TE tunnel is realized via (supported by,
      mapped onto) one or more layer network connections/LSPs

   o  TE tunnel hand-off point - an access link or inter-domain link by

      which a multi-domain TE tunnel enters or exits a given network

      domain, in conjunction with a layer network resource (such as a

      wavelength channel or ODUk container) allocated on the

      access/inter-domain link for the TE tunnel.

   o  TE tunnel segment - a part of a multi-domain TE tunnel that spans

      a given network domain and is directly and fully controlled by the

      domain's controller, DC. TE tunnel segment is a fragment of a

      multi-domain TE tunnel between

     1. the source tunnel termination point and the TE tunnel hand-off

        point outbound from the TE tunnel's first domain (head TE tunnel

        segment);

     2. inbound and outbound TE tunnel hand-off points into/from a given

        domain (transit TE tunnel segment);

     3. inbound TE tunnel hand-off point into the TE tunnel's last

        domain and the destination tunnel termination point (tail TE

        tunnel segment);

We would propose to add these definitions to draft-ietf-teas-yang-te-21

Thanks, Italo (on behalf of the Transport NBI DT)

Italo Busi
Principal Optical Transport Network Research Engineer
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Tel : +39 345 4721946
Email : [email-masked]

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!