Subject: [Teas] Éric Vyncke's Abstain on draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-09: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 02:22:13 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-09: Abstain

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I share Alvaro's and TSV reviewer feeling about this is not a usual RFC but
rather a scientific paper (even if the results are not really a surprise). So,
I am abstaining.

Some comments though:
- why using OSPF and not IS-IS for the comparison ? Not that it would change a
lot IMHO - when using generated topologies, little is written on how it is
generated (as it could introduce some bias changing the results of section 4.4)
- using the new format for XML2RFC could have included SVG for graphics

Interesting read anyway

-éric