Subject: [Teas] Magnus Westerlund's Discuss on draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-09: (with DISCUSS)

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 02:42:56 -0700

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios-09: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-native-ip-scenarios/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also think IESG and the WG really should have a discussion if this document
should be published at all. In addition to the points raised by Benjamin I want
to add my view to this.

The document in its current form appear to be outside of TEAS Charter. This
document is none of the several things TEAS is approved to work with. As
Benjamin enumerates so well the document is also a very poor support or
architecture document. Which is why I would argue that it fully outside of the
TEAS charter as neither a main objective of the WG or a support document.

Even if fixed to be a better support document, I still think the WG should
consider its charter and the IESG statement on support documents:
https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/support-documents/ and ask
themselves if that is really something that is worth publishing.