Subject: [Teas] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-teas-ip-te-np-00.txt

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 16:42:32 +0200

Dear TEAS WG,

Below please find a pointer IP TE+NP draft posted to teas wg.

After initial post to RTGWG I got recommendations from chairs and AD
suggesting that better place for this work would be TEAS WG so here we are.

Between original post and this submission I also got number of very good
constructive feedback from number of people which I collected and
incorporated.

I would like to encourage further reviews. If there is working group's
interest in progressing this work at least on my side I am offering help to
move it forward.

Kind regards,
Robert.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 2, 2019 at 4:21 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-raszuk-teas-ip-te-np-00.txt
To: <[email-masked]>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : IP Traffic Engineering Architecture with Network
Programming
        Author          : Robert Raszuk
        Filename        : draft-raszuk-teas-ip-te-np-00.txt
        Pages           : 22
        Date            : 2019-10-02

Abstract:
   This document describes a control plane based IP Traffic Engineering
   Architecture where path information is kept in the control plane by
   selected nodes instead of being inserted into each packet on ingress
   of an administrative domain.  The described proposal is also fully
   compatible with the concept of network programming.

   It is positioned as a complimentary technique to native SRv6 and can
   be used when there are concerns with increased packet size due to
   depth of SID stack, possible concerns regarding exceeding MTU or more
   strict simplicity requirements typically seen in number of enterprise
   networks.  The proposed solution is applicable to both IPv4 or IPv6
   based networks.

   As an additional added value, detection of end to end path liveness
   as well as dynamic path selection based on real time path quality is
   integrated from day one in the design.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-raszuk-teas-ip-te-np/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-raszuk-teas-ip-te-np-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-raszuk-teas-ip-te-np-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt