Subject: [Teas] Document Action: 'Path Computation Element (PCE) based Traffic Engineering (TE) in Native IP Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 11:21:22 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Path Computation Element (PCE) based Traffic Engineering (TE) in
   Native IP Networks'
  (draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip-17.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and
Signaling Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-teas-pce-native-ip/

Technical Summary

This document defines an architecture for providing traffic
engineering in a native IP network using multiple BGP sessions and a
Path Computation Element (PCE)-based central control mechanism.  It
defines the Central Control Dynamic Routing (CCDR) procedures and
identifies needed extensions for the Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP).

Working Group Summary

No  concerns.

Document Quality

The document quality is sufficient for Informational status.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Lou Berger
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard