Subject: [Teas] I-D Action: draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 08:38:45 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Framework for IETF Network Slices
        Authors         : Eric Gray
                          John Drake
	Filename        : draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-05.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2021-02-02

Abstract:
   This memo discusses setting up special-purpose network connections
   using existing IETF technologies.  These connections are called IETF
   network slices for the purposes of this memo.  The memo discusses the
   general framework for this setup, the necessary system components and
   interfaces, and how abstract requests can be mapped to more specific
   technologies.  The memo also discusses related considerations with
   monitoring and security.

   This memo is intended for discussing interfaces and technologies.  It
   is not intended to be a new set of concrete interfaces or
   technologies.  Rather, it should be seen as an explanation of how
   some existing, concrete IETF VPN and traffic-engineering technologies
   can be used to create IETF network slices.  Note that there are a
   number of these technologies, and new technologies or capabilities
   keep being added.  This memo is also not intended presume any
   particular technology choice.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-nsdt-teas-ns-framework-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/