Subject: [Teep] IETF 104 hackathon

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 20:31:29 +0000

I am again planning to be at the hackathon and work on OTrP implementation, and interop with anyone
else working on one.

For anyone else who would like to be there, please register for the Hackathon at
https://www.ietf.org/registration/ietf104/hackathonregistration.py

More hackathon info is available at https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/104-hackathon/

As a reminder, the report from the previous hackathon is at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-teep-hackathon-report-01

Dave

---

From: Andy Green <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 07:37:26 +0800

> implementation, and interop with anyone

Hi -

I'd like to gently suggest that the RFC is in need of an appendix of 
test vectors to facilitate interoperability, integration into selftests 
/ CI etc.

For example an example set of longterm cert PEM, PEM keys and JWKs is 
defined in the RFC, along with encrypted, signed packets and plaintexts 
for various scenarios.

One-time meetups to help with interop are obviously useful, but not as 
useful as an "official" suite of test vectors.

Thanks,

-Andy

> More hackathon info is available at 
> https://www.ietf.org/how/runningcode/hackathons/104-hackathon/
> 
> _______________________________________________
> TEEP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/teep
>

---

From: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 23:40:37 +0000

I agree.  I have filed https://github.com/ietf-teep/OTrP/issues/5
to track this.

Thanks Andy!

-----Original Message-----
From: TEEP <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Andy Green
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 3:37 PM
To: Dave Thaler <dthaler=[email-masked]>; teep <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Teep] IETF 104 hackathon

On 22/01/2019 04:31, Dave Thaler wrote:
> I am again planning to be at the hackathon and work on OTrP 
> implementation, and interop with anyone else working on one.

Hi -

I'd like to gently suggest that the RFC is in need of an appendix of test vectors to facilitate interoperability, integration into selftests / CI etc.

For example an example set of longterm cert PEM, PEM keys and JWKs is defined in the RFC, along with encrypted, signed packets and plaintexts for various scenarios.

One-time meetups to help with interop are obviously useful, but not as useful as an "official" suite of test vectors.

Thanks,

-Andy

> https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> ietf.org%2Fregistration%2Fietf104%2Fhackathonregistration.py&amp;data=
> 02%7C01%7Cdthaler%40microsoft.com%7C83ccb9270ea44f594b8508d68254ef0d%7
> C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636839698644685473&amp;sda
> ta=oW0lQth0fxfnCEMDhqBTmEVjZHtfuVVFGxt8ouWd6TY%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> ietf.org%2Fhow%2Frunningcode%2Fhackathons%2F104-hackathon%2F&amp;data=
> 02%7C01%7Cdthaler%40microsoft.com%7C83ccb9270ea44f594b8508d68254ef0d%7
> C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636839698644685473&amp;sda
> ta=uKSW9FuOJPsewo4iHOCpO3AwyGlOnbBJtaAMEOWx0nY%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdata
> tracker.ietf.org%2Fmeeting%2F103%2Fmaterials%2Fslides-103-teep-hackath
> on-report-01&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cdthaler%40microsoft.com%7C83ccb9270ea4
> 4f594b8508d68254ef0d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C6368
> 39698644695481&amp;sdata=21JkMduT9FJe067nYB36rfizSrhdSN42JxO%2BY7ZzFZo
> %3D&amp;reserved=0
> 
> 
> Dave
> 
> 
> https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
> ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fteep&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cdthaler%40micr
> osoft.com%7C83ccb9270ea44f594b8508d68254ef0d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7
> cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636839698644695481&amp;sdata=NHkgcHG17xoumMsQZm3QI
> EfKyAzDTtqwBcb0mJjRsho%3D&amp;reserved=0
> 

_______________________________________________
TEEP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://nam06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fteep&amp;data=02%7C01%7Cdthaler%40microsoft.com%7C83ccb9270ea44f594b8508d68254ef0d%7C72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7C1%7C0%7C636839698644695481&amp;sdata=NHkgcHG17xoumMsQZm3QIEfKyAzDTtqwBcb0mJjRsho%3D&amp;reserved=0