Subject: [Teep] FW: Call for adoption of draft-tschofenig-cose-hpke-00

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 16:54:28 +0000

Dear SUIT WG, Dear TEEP WG,

If you care about having a public key encryption scheme for use with firmware encryption, please speak up in the COSE group. The chairs are currently doing a call for adoption on the COSE-HPKE document, which is one of the two solutions we want to use for firmware encryption. (The other solution is the symmetric key alternative - AES-KW. The call is for the public key crypto version.)

See email below.

Ciao
Hannes

From: COSE <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Mike Jones
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [COSE] Call for adoption of draft-tschofenig-cose-hpke-00

We've had only two people respond to the call for adoption - both authors.  Ivo and I decided today to give working group members another week to respond.

If you care whether this is adopted, please respond now when you read this note.

                                                       Thank you,
                                                       -- Mike & Ivo

From: COSE <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> On Behalf Of Mike Jones
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:56 AM
To: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [COSE] Call for adoption of draft-tschofenig-cose-hpke-00

During IETF 112, we decided to issue a call for adoption for "Use of Hybrid Public-Key Encryption (HPKE) with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)", as recorded in the minutes at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-112-cose/.

Please reply to this message within the next two weeks (by Tuesday, December 7, 2021) indicating either support for its adoption or stating why you oppose its adoption.

                                                       Thank you,
                                                      -- Mike (writing as COSE co-chair)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

---

From: "Dick Brooks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 12:00:44 -0500

Hannes,

Just a question to help clarify public key encryption; would this require a
public PKI CA to issue a digital certificate to use in validating the
encryption key and the party authorized to perform encryption?  

Thanks,

Dick Brooks

Never trust software, always verify and report!
<https://reliableenergyanalytics.com/products>  T

http://www.reliableenergyanalytics.com
<http://www.reliableenergyanalytics.com/> 

Email: [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]> 

Tel: +1 978-696-1788

From: Suit <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 11:54 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Suit] FW: Call for adoption of draft-tschofenig-cose-hpke-00

If you care about having a public key encryption scheme for use with
firmware encryption, please speak up in the COSE group. The chairs are
currently doing a call for adoption on the COSE-HPKE document, which is one
of the two solutions we want to use for firmware encryption. (The other
solution is the symmetric key alternative - AES-KW. The call is for the
public key crypto version.)

See email below. 

Ciao

Hannes

From: COSE <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > On Behalf
Of Mike Jones
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 4:48 PM
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [COSE] Call for adoption of draft-tschofenig-cose-hpke-00

We've had only two people respond to the call for adoption - both authors.
Ivo and I decided today to give working group members another week to
respond.

If you care whether this is adopted, please respond now when you read this
note.

                                                       Thank you,

                                                       -- Mike & Ivo

From: COSE <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> > On Behalf
Of Mike Jones
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 7:56 AM
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
Subject: [COSE] Call for adoption of draft-tschofenig-cose-hpke-00

During IETF 112, we decided to issue a call for adoption for "Use of Hybrid
Public-Key Encryption (HPKE) with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption
(COSE)", as recorded in the minutes at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/minutes-112-cose/.

Please reply to this message within the next two weeks (by Tuesday, December
7, 2021) indicating either support for its adoption or stating why you
oppose its adoption.

                                                       Thank you,

                                                      -- Mike (writing as
COSE co-chair)

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium. Thank you.