Subject: [TERNLI] New I-D on cross-layer indications for transport protocols

From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 12:56:08 +0300

Folks,

Sally Floyd and I submitted a new Internet-Draft titled "Cross-layer
Indications for Transport Protocols". The draft aims to summarize the
past work done on this area and describe the known challenges with
different types of cross-layer notification schemes. This problem area
was discussed in the ad-hoc TERNLI meeting at the last IETF, and I think
feelings there were generally positive about having a draft that would
give an overview of the problem space.

The -00 version is yet missing some bits, but we'd like to get input
already at an early stage: does the current approach seem viable? What
is missing (quite a bit, I guess)? Is the past work described correctly?
Do you think this kind of document would be useful?

Before it gets to the repository, the draft is available at
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-00.txt
and
http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-sarolahti-tsvwg-crosslayer-00.ps

Thanks,
- Pasi