Subject: OSPF TE Remote Interface sub-TLV

From: Terje Krogdahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:57:21 +0200

Hi!

I hope this is the right forum for this.

In draft-katz-yeung-ospf-traffic-05.txt (OSPF TE Extensions) it says:

2.5.4. Remote Interface IP Address

   The Remote Interface IP Address sub-TLV specifies the IP address(es)
   of the neighbor's interface corresponding to this link.  This and the
   local address are used to discern multiple parallel links between
   systems.

   The Remote Interface IP Address sub-TLV is TLV type 4, and is 4N
   octets in length, where N is the number of neighbor addresses.

On a broadcast network, such as an ethernet, what should be specified
in the sub-TLV: The subnet address, or a list of all neighbours? Are
both "legal" options?

-- 
Terje Krogdahl
Nextra AS

  - Peace, love and interoperability