Subject: RE: Regarding the DiffServ-TE drafts(lefaucheur,boyel,kompella,as h,bitar)

From: "Ash, Gerald R (Jerry), ALCTA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 02:50:52 -0400

Venkata,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Naidu, Venkata [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 5:44 PM
> To: Choudhury, Sanjaya; [email-masked]'
> Cc: [email-masked]'
> Subject: RE: Regarding the DiffServ-TE
drafts(lefaucheur,boyel,kompella,ash,bitar)

> draft-ash-mpls-diffserv-te-alternative-02.txt:
> * I have few comments on this draft. I am not very clear why
>   Restoration comes into picture in DiffServ TE model.

In addition to the discussion in the I-D, the class-type definitions were
based on considerations outlined in a PDF document (which I sent to the list
on August 29 in response to an email from Tricci So).  The PDF document
gives further explanation of our thoughts on class types and the role of
admission control priority and restoration priority.  We plan to issue an
I-D on this in the next few weeks.  I can re-send the email and PDF document
to you privately if you didn't get it.

Jerry Ash