Subject: DiffServ-TE drafts : What's next ?

From: "Choudhury, Sanjaya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 13:59:15 -0400

Hi! As we know, now there are four competitive drafts related
DiffServ-TE
	(lefaucheur,boyel,kompella,ash,bitar).Discussion on these
	 drafts has died down, without clear consensus. 
	
	Since these drafts has substantial effect on the interoperability, I
was
	wondering, whether the WG chair has any plans on guiding the WG in
	this matter (e.g. like requesting the authors to come up with a
possible
	compromised approach) ?

	Thanks,
	sanjay

---

From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

The order of events is (1) agree on requirements and (2) agree on
technical proposal to push forward.  (1) is almost done, except some
issues with the use of the term "Class Types" throughout the draft.
Another minor revision of the requirements document should clear that up,
and is expected shortly (next week).

As I recall, there were quite a few people in the meeting interested in
this topic who haven't read the requirements draft, right now might be a
good time to make comments if you haven't already (some have).

regards,

Jim