Subject: CFP: IEEE Communications issue on IP-Oriented QoS [***NEW DEADLINES!***]

From: "Denis A. Khotimsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:46:11 -0400

Dear Colleagues:

The deadline for original paper submission has been extended from May 31 till 
July 1. Please consider your contribution and/or distribute to the interested 
parties within your organization. Our apologies if you receive multiple 
copies of this announcement.

Best regards,
-dkh

CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE Communications Magazine

Feature Topic on
IP-Oriented Quality of Service (QoS)

The "best effort" Internet delivery cannot be used for the new 
multimedia applications. New technologies and new standards are 
necessary to offer Quality of Service (QoS) for these multimedia 
applications. Therefore new communication architectures integrate 
mechanisms allowing to guarantee QoS services as well as high rate 
for the communications. This special issue of IEEE Communications 
Magazine seeks to survey and present the research and engineering 
work in QoS field. The focused tutorial and survey contributions 
are solicited on (but not restricted to) the following subject 
categories:

* QoS in heterogeneous networks
* QoS for wireless and mobile
* QoS in WAN
* QoS routing 
* Experiences with QoS
* Simulation models for QoS
* QoS and metrics
* Charging and pricing for QoS
* Platform support for QoS
* Standardization and QoS

Submission 

Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a 
style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. 
Articles may be edited for clarity and grammatical accuracy, and will 
be copyedited according to the Magazine's style. Mathematical equations
should not be used (in justified cases up to three simple equations 
could be allowed, provided the consent of the Guest Editor; more than 
three equations require permission from the Editor-in-Chief). Articles
should have no more than 4,500 words, no more than 6 tables+figures, 
and no more than 15 references. Guidelines for prospective authors 
can be found on-line at 
http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/sub_guidelines.html. 
Please send PDF (preferred), Microsoft Word, or PostScript formatted 
papers to one of the guest editors no later than July 1, 2002. 
Accepted papers will also be included in Communications Interactive 
(CI), the online version of Communications Magazine.

Manuscript Due				1 July 2002
Acceptance Notification			15 August 2002 
Final Manuscript Due			15 September 2002
Publication Date			December 2002

Guest Editors 

Pascal Lorenz
Universite de Haute Alsace
IUT de Colmar
34 rue du Grillenbreit - 68008 Colmar - FRANCE

Phone: +33 3 89 20 23 66
Fax: +33 3 89 20 23 59 
Email: [email-masked] 

Abbas Jamalipour
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of Sydney
Sydney NSW 2006, Australia

Phone: +61 2 9351 2843
Fax: +61 2 9351 3847
Email: [email-masked]

Denis Khotimsky
Lucent Bell Labs
101 Crawfords Corner Road
Holmdel, New Jersey 
07733-3030 USA 

Phone: +1-732-949-9673
Fax: +1-732-949-5477
Email: [email-masked]