Subject: CFP: IEEE Communications issue on IP-Oriented Quality of Service

From: "Denis A. Khotimsky" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 17:15:43 -0400

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement]

========================================================================

CALL FOR PAPERS

IEEE Communications Magazine

Feature Topic on
IP-Oriented Quality of Service (QoS)

The "best effort" Internet delivery cannot be used for the new multimedia
applications. New technologies and new standards are necessary to offer 
Quality of Service (QoS) for these multimedia applications. Therefore new
communication architectures integrate mechanisms allowing to guarantee QoS
services as well as high rate for the communications. This special issue 
of IEEE Communications Magazine seeks to survey and present the research 
and engineering work in QoS field. The focused tutorial and survey 
contributions are solicited on (but not restricted to) the following 
subject categories:

* QoS in heterogeneous networks
* QoS for wireless and mobile
* QoS in WAN
* QoS routing 
* Experiences with QoS
* Simulation models for QoS
* QoS and metrics
* Charging and pricing for QoS
* Platform support for QoS
* Standardization and QoS

Submission 

Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written in a style
comprehensible to readers outside the specialty of the article. Articles 
may be edited for clarity and grammatical accuracy, and will be copyedited 
according to the Magazine's style. Mathematical equations should not be 
used (in justified cases up to three simple equations could be allowed, 
provided the consent of the Guest Editor; more than three equations 
require permission from the Editor-in-Chief). Articles should have no 
more than 4,500 words, no more than 6 tables+figures, and no more than 
15 references. Guidelines for prospective authors can be found on-line at
http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/sub_guidelines.html. 
Please send PDF (preferred), Microsoft Word, or PostScript formatted papers 
to oneof the guest editors no later than May 31, 2002. Accepted papers will 
also be included in Communications Interactive (CI), the online version 
of Communications Magazine.

Manuscript Due                          31 May 2002
Acceptance Notification                 1 August 2002 
Final Manuscript Due                    15 September 2002
Publication Date                        December 2002

Guest Editors 

Pascal Lorenz
Universite de Haute Alsace
IUT de Colmar
34 rue du Grillenbreit - 68008 Colmar - FRANCE

Phone: +33 3 89 20 23 66
Fax: +33 3 89 20 23 59 
Email: [email-masked] 

Abbas Jamalipour
School of Electrical and Information Engineering
University of Sydney
Sydney NSW 2006, Australia

Phone: +61 2 9351 2843
Fax: +61 2 9351 3847
Email: [email-masked]

Denis Khotimsky
Lucent Bell Labs
101 Crawfords Corner Road
Holmdel, New Jersey 
07733-3030 USA 

Phone: +1-732-949-9673
Fax: +1-732-949-5477
Email: [email-masked]