Subject: DS-TE-PROTO: How can a remote DS-TE-LSR use BC and LOM TLVs it re ceives?

From: "Choudhury, Sanjaya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:20:14 -0400

Hi! Since the unreserved bw, has (probably) all the information 
that a remote DS-TE-LSR needs, on what situations can/should
they use the optionally advertised BC and LOM TLVs?

Thanks,
sanjay

---

From: Francois Le Faucheur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:07:35 +0200

Sanjaya,

>they use the optionally advertised BC and LOM TLVs?

Same argument as for why advertising BC in the absence of LOM:
for a number of optionnal behaviours such as local optimisation on a 
Head-end in case of multiple LSP computation.

So , just to be real clear:
         - it is quite fine to NOT advertise BCs and NOT advertise LOM. 
Head-ends do have sufficient information to do LSP path computation.
         - you MAY advertise BCs and LOMs. One example use is "local 
optimisation on a Head-end in case of multiple LSP computation."

Cheers

Francois