Subject: Current TE practices

From: Stanislav Rost <[email-masked]>
Date: 26 Jun 2002 18:14:47 -0400

Gentlemen,

How would one familiarize himself with the current best-of-breed Traffic
Engineering practices?  I am interested in all phases of traffic
engineering, from measurement to topology reconfiguration.  I am
particularly interested in the techniques which are currently in use...

I have read a number of TE-related papers in recent conferences, but I
have a feeling that many ISPs employ different methods.  Care to shed
some light on the issue?

Thanks in advance,

-- 
Stan Rost
Networks and Mobile Systems Group
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science

---

From: Florian-Daniel Otel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 08:33:56 +0200

Stanislav,

Last time I checked (aprox. one yr. ago) there were a couple of drafts
describing current TE practices. IIRC one was from Global Crossing
(*gasp*) and one was from Level3. Other than that I am not aware of
any, others might correct me if I'm wrong.

I wish you best of luck in trying to get ppl share their operational 
experiences on this list, I've tried the same several times in the past...;) 

Florian