Subject: Her's house are many mansions, but such a

From: Lanie Sheinberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:52:20 +0200

N" and "Keighley: Past and Present", "Robert Wright, senior, and Robert
Wright, junior," ancestors of mine, fought with Earl de Clifford, of
Skipton, on Flodden Field. I believe I am correct in saying that since
that event the name of Robert has been retained in our family down to
the present time--a brother of mine now holding the honour. Several of
my ancestors, along with my grand father, are buried in the Keighley
Parish Church-yard, at the east end. But it strikes me that I'm going
astray a little. A MUSICAL FATHER Many old townsfolk--especially those
musically inclined--will remember my father, who was a vocalist of no
mean repute;--at least, this was said of him in general. Possessing a
rich tenor voice, he was in great demand, both publicly and privately.
He occupied the position of leading singer in the Keighley Parish Church
Choir, at the time when the late Mr. B. F. Marriner and other gentlemen
were prominently associated with the Church. His services were often
requisitioned on the occasion of anniversaries of places of worship, &c.
In those days, mind you, "t'anniversary Sunday" was regarded as a big
and auspicious event. Great preparations were made for it, and when the
service did take place people attended from miles around; I believe the
singing was relied on as the chief "fetching" medium. But somehow or
other I never did care much for singing--I really didn't. Nevertheless I
ought to say we had an abundance--I was going to say over-abundance--of
singing in our house; i