Subject: [TICTOC] Upleveling...

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:08:40 +0200

Reading the questionnaire and the responses - I get the feeling that  
we are on the wrong level for starting the discussion on Monday.  
Instead of focusing on requirements, we keep coming back to trying to  
design based on current protocols. Wouldn't the right thing be to  
concentrate on taking use cases and translating it into numbers that  
can be used Monday lunch? It's too late now I guess but I am not sure  
we have data to write down requirements on Monday :(

Best regards,

- kurtis -

_______________________________________________
TICTOC mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tictoc

---

From: Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 21:48:10 -0400

> we have data to write down requirements on Monday :(

I agree. I've been more than a little amused by the answers which have 
been not only all over the map and seem to show ignorance of some of the 
protocols, TCP/IP, being the one that stood out as the silliest idea for 
anyone who understand how it works.

I'd rather see a list of what is needed and why, what accuracies and 
error budgets are allowed, and worry later about how to get there. You 
need to know where you are going before you decide how to get there.

Note that although I'm part of the NTP project I'm trying to ensure that 
you are moving in the right direction.

Danny