Subject: [TICTOC] AD Evaluation: draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:47:15 -0400

All,
     I have completed my AD Evaluation of the PTP MIB.  I have a few
comments and once they are resolved, this draft can move to IETF Last
Call.  Let me know if you have any questions/concerns on these...

* I ran the extracted MIB through a couple of on-line MIB compilers and
got some unexpected errors.  Please let me know if these are not fixable
(and why).

- 647 1 syntax error, unexpected NUMBER, expecting LOWERCASE_IDENTIFIER
- 1202 2 unknown type `ClockQualityAccuracyType'
- 1343 2 type `ClockQualityAccuracyType' of node
`ptpbaseClockParentDSGMClockQualityAccuracy' does not resolve to a known
base type
- 1484 2 type `ClockQualityAccuracyType' of node
`ptpbaseClockDefaultDSQualityAccuracy' does not resolve to a known base type

* The LAST-UPDATED field is out of date.

* I like the level of detail in the main DESCRIPTION clause. This made
me a little disappointed with many of the object DESCRIPTION clauses
that did not provide a useful level of detail on the object. In
particular, I would like to see a greater level of clarity in the
DESCRIPTION clauses for the Tables. For example, I have no way of
knowing what "count information" means in the ptpbaseSystemTable.

* The ptpbaseSystemDomainEntry uses "router" in its description and then
ptpbaseSystemDomainTotals uses "node". I would have expected them to be
the same.  I think "nodes" is more appropriate.

* Some of the REFERENCE clauses may not have a sufficient level of
detail to stand on their own (e.g., ptpbaseClockCurrentDSMeanPathDelay).
Please review all REFERENCE clauses and ensure they can stand on their
own when the reference sections are not available (i.e., after
extraction and installation in a network manager).

Regards,
Brian

---

From: vinays <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:32:34 -0400

Thanks Brian for the review comments and apologies for the delayed response.

We will work on the comments and respond back as soon as possible. Its 
been a while for us since we worked on this draft, and hence the delay,

Regards,
-Vinay.