Subject: [TICTOC] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tictoc-multi-path-synchronization-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 04:55:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Timing over IP Connection and Transfer of Clock of the IETF.

        Title           : Multi-Path Time Synchronization
        Authors         : Alex Shpiner
                          Richard Tse
                          Craig Schelp
                          Tal Mizrahi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tictoc-multi-path-synchronization-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2016-04-18

Abstract:
   Clock synchronization protocols are very widely used in IP-based
   networks. The Network Time Protocol (NTP) has been commonly deployed
   for many years, and the last few years have seen an increasingly
   rapid deployment of the Precision Time Protocol (PTP). As time-
   sensitive applications evolve, clock accuracy requirements are
   becoming increasingly stringent, requiring the time synchronization
   protocols to provide high accuracy. Slave Diversity is a recently
   introduced approach, where the master and slave clocks (also known as
   server and client) are connected through multiple network paths, and
   the slave combines the information received through all paths to
   obtain a higher clock accuracy compared to the conventional one-path
   approach.  This document describes a multi-path approach to PTP and
   NTP over IP networks, allowing the protocols to run concurrently over
   multiple communication paths between the master and slave clocks. The
   multi-path approach can significantly contribute to clock accuracy,
   security and fault tolerance. The Multi-Path Precision Time Protocol
   (MPPTP) and Multi-Path Network Time Protocol (MPNTP) define an
   additional layer that extends the existing PTP and NTP without the
   need to modify these protocols. MPPTP and MPNTP also allow backward
   compatibility with nodes that do not support the multi-path
   extension.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tictoc-multi-path-synchronization/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tictoc-multi-path-synchronization-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tictoc-multi-path-synchronization-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/