Subject: [ietf-tls] getting RFC 2246 to Draft Standard

From: Win Treese <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:34:25 -0400

am pleased to announce that Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]> has agreed
to work with Tim Dierks on revising RFC 2246 for progression to Draft
Standard.

As we have discussed before, the primary goal of this work is to
advance the standard, rather than making substantial changes to the
protocol. We will, of course, continue discussions of such changes,
such as the extensions proposal, and some of those may advance on the
standards track as well.

We will have some discussion of this Draft Standard work in London; in
the meantime, I'd like to ask that anyone with suggestions for changes
to RFC 2246 please send them to the list (or, for minor items, to
Eric, Tim, and me). 

Thanks to Eric for agreeing to help with this work.

Win Treese
Chair, TLS working group
[email-masked]

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]