Subject: [ietf-tls] Re: London

From: Bodo Moeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:37:23 +0200

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 12:47:38AM +0100, David Hopwood wrote:

> Can't the client simply re-connect if the server breaks (as least if it
> can determine that this was the reason for the breakage)? SSL/TLS client
> libraries already have to be designed in a way that allows them to
> re-connect, in order to implement "Server Gated Cryptography" (either
> the Microsoft or Netscape version, I can't remember which).

"Server Gated Cryptography" does not use reconnects, the client just
requests re-negotiation on the exisiting connecton.  But of course
reconnecting after a failed handshake, using a more conservatively
built client hello message, is always an option.

-- 
Bodo Möller <[email-masked]>
PGP http://www.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/TI/Mitarbeiter/moeller/0x36d2c658.html
* TU Darmstadt, Theoretische Informatik, Alexanderstr. 10, D-64283 Darmstadt
* Tel. +49-6151-16-6628, Fax +49-6151-16-6036

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]