Subject: [TLS] Implementations of RFC 3749 (TLS Compression)?

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:05:15 -0500

RFC 3749 has existed as a Proposed Standard since May 2004.  Now that it's
December we've met the six month requirement for progression described in
section 6.2 of RFC 2026:

"A specification shall remain at the Proposed Standard level for at least
six (6) months."

OK, so the TLS spec itself isn't there yet, but that doesn't mean that we
can't document implementation experience if any exists.  Progression to
Draft Standard status requires "at least two independent and interoperable
implementations from different code bases" (RFC 2026, section 4.1.2).  I'm
willing to write the implementation report(s) if there are implementers out
there who are willing to contribute information.  Are there any
implementations?

-Scott-

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Joo-Won Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 16:15:57 +0900

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

>Are there any implementations?
>  
>

As far as I know, there are two implementations, GNUTLS and OpenSSL-CVS,
which may be interoperable. (I tested the connect, send and receive
operations, but I did not test all the cases)

Moreover, GNUTLS implements LZO compression based on RFC-3749 framework.

Hope this helps...

- Joo-Won Jung