Subject: [TLS] RFC 4785 on Pre-Shared Key (PSK) Ciphersuites with NULL Encryption for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:17:30 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4785

        Title:      Pre-Shared Key (PSK) Ciphersuites with 
                    NULL Encryption for Transport Layer Security 
                    (TLS) 
        Author:     U. Blumenthal, P. Goel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       January 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 9550
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-psk-null-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4785.txt

This document specifies authentication-only ciphersuites (with no
encryption) for the Pre-Shared Key (PSK) based Transport Layer Security
(TLS) protocol.  These ciphersuites are useful when authentication
and integrity protection is desired, but confidentiality is not
needed or not permitted.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls