Subject: [TLS] SIV Ciphersuites for TLS

From: "Dan Harkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:47:55 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

  I presented the document RSA AES-SIV Ciphersuites for TLS at the
last meeting in Vancouver. It is my hope that this document would be
accepted as a WG document and solicit more review and comments from
everyone here. The document can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-harkins-tls-rsa-aes-siv-00.txt

  Since this email is arriving in the midst of a discussion to drop support
for another cipher-suite I would like to explain why this one should be
added: SIV is an AEAD mode that is resistant to nonce misuse (unlike other
counter-mode constructs like GCM) and is therefore well-suited for cases
where an application writer, who may not understand the cryptographic
nuances of nonce management for other cipher-suites, obtains TLS services
for his application by linking to an external library.

  Please take a look and send comments.

  regards,

  Dan.

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls