Subject: [TLS] RFC 5288 on AES Galois Counter Mode (GCM) Cipher Suites for TLS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:45:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5288

        Title:      AES Galois Counter Mode (GCM) 
                    Cipher Suites for TLS 
        Author:     J. Salowey, A. Choudhury,
                    D. McGrew
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 16468
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-rsa-aes-gcm-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5288.txt

This memo describes the use of the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
in Galois/Counter Mode (GCM) as a Transport Layer Security (TLS)
authenticated encryption operation.  GCM provides both
confidentiality and data origin authentication, can be efficiently
implemented in hardware for speeds of 10 gigabits per second and
above, and is also well-suited to software implementations.  This
memo defines TLS cipher suites that use AES-GCM with RSA, DSA, and
Diffie-Hellman-based key exchange mechanisms.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls