Subject: [TLS] [Fwd: [keyassure] Latest spin at the chater...]

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:54:19 -0400

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [keyassure] Latest spin at the chater...
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:06:00 -0400
From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Hi there all,

I wanted to thank everyone for their hard work and active involvement 
in the chartering discussions.

I have reread most of the mail on this topic, and have tried to 
integrate everyones suggestions, and I think that we finally have a 
version that will be *acceptable* to everyone.

I'd like to especially thank Stephen Farrell for his suggestions 
(which I somehow filed into a different label and missed) as well as 
Phillip, Paul, Richard and Jakob for their input and suggested text...

I think that we have been fairly close to an acceptable charter for a 
long time now, but were getting hung up on misunderstandings and 
misinterpretations of what others were saying...

So, please have another look at the charter and hopefully you will 
find it acceptable to you:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki/Keyassure

If parts are not acceptable, please do me 3 favors:
1: Reread the unacceptable parts and try figure out if what you are 
objecting to is what the sentence is trying to say, or it is just a 
wording issue / differing uses of a term.

2: If  you are OK with it being in the charter so that we (as a WG) 
can at least discuss the issue and come to consensus.

and, most importantly:
3: send text --- saying "Bah, paragraph X is the devil! eat flaming 
death, mongrel!" is *not* helpful... "How does the group feel about 
'Foo blargh wumblet boop' instead of 'mumble'?" is...

W
_______________________________________________
keyassure mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/keyassure