Subject: [TLS] Request for Review: Default Port for IRC via TLS/SSL

From: Richard Hartmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:47:29 +0200

Hi all,

I am not 100% sure if this is the correct WG to submit to, if not
please excuse me. Yet, the TLS WG seemed to fit best.

I would like to ask all of you to review my I-D [1]. It is pretty minimal
and should not cause many disagreements, especially since it's
Individual, Informational and merely documents established practice.

Thanks a lot for your time should you choose to invest it,
Richard Hartmann

[1] http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl/

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:14:54 +0200

> Individual, Informational and merely documents established practice.

It looks good to me, but I think it ought to be on the Standards Track
rather than just Informational.

I'm not sure this is something that is in scope for the TLS WG though,
it seems like an Apps Area document to me.

/Simon

---

From: Richard Hartmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:37:23 +0200

> rather than just Informational.

Thanks. :)

If there is a consensus that it would make sense to "upgrade" my I-D,
I don't mind going that route. In case it isn't obvious, I am new to this
and while I try to do my best & go through all documentation, I am
very glad to receive advice.

> it seems like an Apps Area document to me.

I will contact them and ask for their opinion.

Thanks,
Richard

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:39:13 -0600

> I will contact them and ask for their opinion.

I've already forwarded the I-D announcement about this spec to the
apps-discuss list:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/admin/apps-discuss

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Richard Hartmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 23:43:28 +0200

> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/admin/apps-discuss

OK, great. In this case, you can disregard the email I just sent you
and Alexey :)

Richard

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 17:47:52 -0600

> OK, great. In this case, you can disregard the email I just sent you

Sure thing. :) Let's see if we get some feedback on apps-discuss.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/