Subject: [TLS] tls with DSA and ECDSA

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 09:27:09 +0200

Hello,
 I've submitted:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tls-dss-00

The purpose is to define choices for the hash algorithm to be used for
the TLS handshake and eventually make the hash algorithm selection for
the DSS signature standard deterministic. That is because DSS as a
standard allows the usage of any SHAx hash function truncated or not.

For example given 256-bit curve, I could use SHA-256, or SHA-384
truncated to 256 bits, or SHA-512 truncated to 256 bits, to sign. This
document tries to restrict the choices to promote interoperability.

This is in line with rfc5480 that does the same thing for PKIX ECDSA
certificates.

regards,
Nikos

---

From: Adam Langley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 14:45:19 -0400

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-tls-dss-00

Looks good to me.

AGL