Subject: [TLS] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-07.txt> (Certificate Transparency) to Experimental RFC

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:53:24 +0000

Hi,

As it says below, we need to do a 2nd IETF LC for this
draft as the authors have decided to switch from using
a 5878 extension to a TLS extension. If you've comments
on that aspect please make 'em in the usual manner as
also described below.

I'm sure the authors are interested in other comments
too, but would also appreciate if you could check whether
your comment was already discussed during the 1st IETF
LC.

Thanks,
S.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-07.txt> (Certificate
Transparency) to Experimental RFC
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:53:34 -0800
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Certificate Transparency'
  <draft-laurie-pki-sunlight-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-02-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

As a result of comments received in the first last call and
based on additional coding, the authors are now proposing
to define a new TLS extension (see section 3.3.1) which
requires IETF review. So this is a second IETF last
call primarily intended to ensure that that change gets the
appropriate review.

Abstract

   This document describes an experimental protocol for publicly logging
   the existence of TLS certificates as they are issued or observed, in
   a manner that allows anyone to audit certificate authority activity
   and notice the issuance of suspect certificates, as well as to audit
   the certificate logs themselves.  The intent is that eventually
   clients would refuse to honor certificates which do not appear in a
   log, effectively forcing CAs to add all issued certificates to the
   logs.

   Logs are network services which implement the protocol operations for
   submissions and queries that are defined in this document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-laurie-pki-sunlight/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-laurie-pki-sunlight/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.