Subject: [TLS] independent submission for IRC/TLS

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:29:40 +0000

Hiya,

The IESG will do an RFC 5742 review of this [1] draft on
Feb 7. The draft registers a port basically and says
that that port is used for irc/tls.

I reckon that it doesn't conflict with work that the IETF
is doing.

I'll probably have comments on the draft, but 5742 review is
just to see that it doesn't conflict with work we're doing
or plan to do (roughly, read the RFC if you care more) so my
and other AD comments will be treated the same as anyone else's.
If you have technical comments, I'm sure the authors and the
independent submission editor would be interested in those,
so send them that way rather than discuss them on these
lists. (You can do that by sending a mail to:
[email-masked]
cc'ing [email-masked])

*Please* don't reply to this unless your reply is relevant
to the 5742 review.

Cheers,
S.

[1]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl/