Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:17:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transport Layer Security (TLS) Cached Information Extension
	Author(s)       : Stefan Santesson
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-14.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2013-03-28

Abstract:
   Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes often include fairly static
   information, such as the server certificate and a list of trusted
   Certification Authorities (CAs).  This information can be of
   considerable size, particularly if the server certificate is bundled
   with a complete certificate path (including all intermediary
   certificates up to the trust anchor public key).

   This document defines an extension that omits the exchange of already
   available information.  The TLS client informs a server of cached
   information, for example from a previous TLS handshake, allowing the
   server to omit the already available information.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-14

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/