Subject: [TLS] Protocol Action: 'The TLS Multiple Certificate Status Request Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tls-multiple-cert-status-extension-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:24:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The TLS Multiple Certificate Status Request Extension'
  (draft-ietf-tls-multiple-cert-status-extension-08.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Stephen Farrell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-multiple-cert-status-extension/

Technical Summary

This document defines the Transport Layer Security (TLS) Certificate
Status Version 2 Extension to allow clients to specify and support
multiple certificate status methods. Also defined is a new method
based on the Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) that servers
can use to provide status information not just about the server's own
certificate, but also the status of intermediate certificates in the
chain. 

Working Group Summary

In general working group consensus was smooth. There were
no major sticking points.

Document Quality

There are a number of implementers who plan to implement
 this protocol extension.

Personnel

Shepherd - Joe Salowey; AD - Sean Turner.