Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-pwd-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:53:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Secure Password Ciphersuites for Transport Layer Security (TLS)
        Authors         : Dan Harkins
                          Dave Halasz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-pwd-05.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2014-09-25

Abstract:
   This memo defines several new ciphersuites for the Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) protocol to support certificate-less, secure
   authentication using only a simple, low-entropy, password.  The
   ciphersuites are all based on an authentication and key exchange
   protocol that is resistant to off-line dictionary attack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-pwd/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-pwd-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-pwd-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:57:56 -0700

>    protocol that is resistant to off-line dictionary attack.

The protocol is still not proven secure. The author of the draft has
refused to change this in the past year.
I see no reason why a protocol like Dragonfly should be used instead
of a secure password protocol.

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

-- 
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety deserve neither  Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin