Subject: [TLS] Conflict review for draft-dthakore-tls-authz

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 14:19:56 +0000

Hi,

The authors of draft-dthakore-tls-authz [1] presented their work
to the TLS WG some time ago and IIRC there wasn't interest
in pursuing that. So as is fairly common in such cases, they have
asked the independent submissions editor (ISE) to publish their
work as an RFC in the independent stream.

As part of that, the IESG do a conflict review [2] to determine
if the work conflicts with ongoing IETF work, as described in
RFC 5742 [3]. (See section 3 of that for the possible responses
the IESG can give.)

So, please let me know (say by Nov 17) if you think that this
work does conflict with the TLS WG's efforts. (Silence is fine
if you think it does not conflict.)

If you have technical comments on the draft itself, then I'm
sure the authors and the ISE would be interested in those.

If you have process questions about this, feel free to ask me
or the WG chairs.

Thanks,
S.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dthakore-tls-authz/
[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-dthakore-tls-authz/
[3] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5742