Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 01:00:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Transport Layer Security (TLS) Session Hash and Extended Master Secret Extension
        Authors         : Karthikeyan Bhargavan
                          Antoine Delignat-Lavaud
                          Alfredo Pironti
                          Adam Langley
                          Marsh Ray
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-03.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2014-11-12

Abstract:
   The Transport Layer Security (TLS) master secret is not
   cryptographically bound to important session parameters.
   Consequently, it is possible for an active attacker to set up two
   sessions, one with a client and another with a server, such that the
   master secrets on the two sessions are the same.  Thereafter, any
   mechanism that relies on the master secret for authentication,
   including session resumption, becomes vulnerable to a man-in-the-
   middle attack, where the attacker can simply forward messages back
   and forth between the client and server.  This specification defines
   a TLS extension that contextually binds the master secret to a log of
   the full handshake that computes it, thus preventing such attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-session-hash/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-session-hash-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/