Subject: [TLS] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC2817 (4187)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:17:23 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC2817,
"Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=2817&eid=4187

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Roy T. Fielding <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.2

Original Text
-------------
   The Draft Standard for HTTP/1.1 [1] specifies that these tokens obey
   the production for 'product':

      product         = token ["/" product-version]
      product-version = token

[...]

   This specification defines the protocol token "TLS/1.0" as the
   identifier for the protocol specified by The TLS Protocol [6].

Corrected Text
--------------
   The Draft Standard for HTTP/1.1 [1] specifies that these tokens obey
   the production for 'product':

      product         = token ["/" product-version]
      product-version = token

[...]

   This specification defines the product token "TLS" as the
   identifier for the protocol specified by The TLS Protocol [6].
   When a specific version of TLS is desired, it is indicated by
   appending a slash ("/") and the TLS version number as the
   product-version (e.g., "TLS/1.0").

Notes
-----
This erratum clarifies that "TLS" is the product token and any TLS version number (currently DIGIT "." DIGIT) is the product-version token.  This has already been corrected in the Upgrade Token Registry.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC2817 (draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-05)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1
Publication Date    : May 2000
Author(s)           : R. Khare, S. Lawrence
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Layer Security
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG