Subject: [TLS] Adopt False Start spec as WG document? (draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart-01)

From: Bodo Moeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 21:17:36 +0100

At the TLS Interim meeting in Paris, I was asked to update the False Start
Internet-Draft (
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2014/10/21/tls/minutes/minutes-interim-2014-tls-3),
first in the light of TLS_FALLBACK_SCSV, and second because it describes
behavior deployed by multiple vendors and it would be good to have this
described in an (Experimental) RFC.

draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart-01 is now available (see below). I'm asking
the Working Group to consider adopting this document as a Working Group
Internet-Draft.

Bodo

A new version of I-D, draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bodo Moeller and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart
Revision:       01
Title:          Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start
Document date:  2014-11-10
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          11
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bmoeller-tls-falsestart-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies an optional behavior of TLS implementations,
   dubbed False Start.  It affects only protocol timing, not on-the-wire
   protocol data, and can be implemented unilaterally.  The TLS False
   Start feature leads to a latency reduction of one round trip for
   certain handshakes.