Subject: [TLS] RFC 7918 on Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 15:04:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7918

        Title:      Transport Layer Security (TLS) False Start 
        Author:     A. Langley,
                    N. Modadugu,
                    B. Moeller
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 23825
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-falsestart-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7918

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7918

This document specifies an optional behavior of Transport Layer
Security (TLS) client implementations, dubbed "False Start".  It
affects only protocol timing, not on-the-wire protocol data, and can
be implemented unilaterally.  A TLS False Start reduces handshake
latency to one round trip.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC